DauntlesslyDivergent

Jenn's Book Reviews

Hello lovelies! You can either call me Jenn or Jay, which ever you like. I'm a Canadian college student, currently studying Photography. I'm an avid book reader & writer, spending most of my free time either reading, writing or taking artistic photographs. Visit my other blog http://dauntlesslydivergent.wordpress.com/

Brave New World

Brave New World - Aldous Huxley (New Updated Review, Original Review below)

Looking back, after a few years, I do say I regret not fully reading this book. I was given this book as a mandatory read in my English course, and at the time wasn't interested in classic novels or distopians. Now, after falling in love with dystopian worlds, I really wish to go back and re-read this novel. Seeing as how this is as futuristic book, written in the 1930's, taking place in the 2500's, I find it highly interesting, especially with how we're only in 2013, and we're seeing this similar to what Aldous Huxley describes this universe as being. It blows my mind each and every time I thing of the world Huxley created and all his, at the time, crazy predictions and now becoming real in some aspects. Would definitively like to re-read it soon, being an adult. Once I do re-read it, I will be posting another review. Please see my original review written below.

(Original review, first read as a sixteen year old)

It was okay. I gave this book 3 stars out of 5 because the language (which was mostly made up by the author) was hard to comprehend at certain times, and it was boring at the beginning. It took me a few chapters before I finally got into reading it steadily. The first time you read this book it's extremely weird. The story is set in the distant future, around 2500, and the people of this society now worship Ford, yes the Ford who created Ford automobiles. I believe that maybe one day the predictions this author had will come true, since some things that are happening now are similar to what happens in the book. For a book written in the 30's I quite enjoyed it, but compared to some books written in the last few years, it was not one of my favorites.