DauntlesslyDivergent

Jenn's Book Reviews

Hello lovelies! You can either call me Jenn or Jay, which ever you like. I'm a Canadian college student, currently studying Photography. I'm an avid book reader & writer, spending most of my free time either reading, writing or taking artistic photographs. Visit my other blog http://dauntlesslydivergent.wordpress.com/

Catching Fire

Catching Fire - Suzanne  Collins With being a victor of the Hunger Games, Peeta and Katniss never imagined that they'd have to re-enter the arena ever again. That is true until the Quarter Quell is announced. Every twenty five years the Capitol host The Quarter Quell, which always involves a twist to make the games more interesting. This year is the 75th Hunger Games, which makes it the third Quarter Quell, and the twist to this years games? The victors are the ones being reaped, no matter how old, and must re-enter the arena to fight for their lives. One male and one female are reaped from every district as usual, only it's from a list of living victors, and with Katniss being the only living female victor of District 12 she realizes the inevitable, that no matter what she does, she'll have to play the Games once again. But this time, instead of concentrating on keeping herself alive, her only goal now is to get Peeta crowned victor and live past this awful Quarter Quell. During the 74th Hunger Games, Katniss and Peeta changed the rules by both coming out victors, eventually starting a Rebellion in certain Districts. Now it's up to Katniss whether or not she'll survive the Games and over throw the Capitol. Does she succeed? Does the rebellion happen? Does Peeta make it out alive? Read this extremely enticing novel to find out.

Ugh this book. My favorite out of all three! It took me a few hours to finish this one, never putting it down because I was so addicted. Once again, it's only downfall was the slow beginning, but all is forgiven once reading the rest of the book. There are so many twists and turns with so much action, it kept me reading until I couldn't anymore. Being the sequel to the amazing first book, I must admit I was highly surprised at the turn it took, as well as how much better it was! An amazing sequel that's for sure. My only regret was not picking up this book sooner. From the moment I finished, I knew, this was my new favorite book, and it was one I would read multiple times throughout my life. 5/5 stars for it's sheer amazingness that blew me away.