DauntlesslyDivergent

Jenn's Book Reviews

Hello lovelies! You can either call me Jenn or Jay, which ever you like. I'm a Canadian college student, currently studying Photography. I'm an avid book reader & writer, spending most of my free time either reading, writing or taking artistic photographs. Visit my other blog http://dauntlesslydivergent.wordpress.com/

Mockingjay

Mockingjay - Collins Suzanne The final book of the Hunger Games trilogy. Going into this book, I had been spoiled with minor events, such as character deaths, as well as hearing many other book fanatics, who loved the series such as I do, claim they dislike this final installment. In the end, I found that I quite enjoyed this one, tying it with the first book in the trilogy, the Hunger Games, while Catching Fire being my favorite out of the three. I absolutely loved the story line and plot throughout the book, how every moment there was a new twist and turn causing my to keep reading well into the early morning hours, finding myself having trouble putting the book down. Only towards the end, was I disappointed with the story. One of the reasons was because one of my favorite characters dies as well as the epilogue where Katniss talks about her children and she simply calls them 'the girl' and 'the boy', making me feel quite detached and as if she doesn't love her children. Other for the ending of the book, and trilogy in general, I enjoyed every moment of Mocking Jay, adding it as one of my favorite books & series, and guaranty a re-read of the entire series in the future and of this book in particular before the movie is released.