DauntlesslyDivergent

Jenn's Book Reviews

Hello lovelies! You can either call me Jenn or Jay, which ever you like. I'm a Canadian college student, currently studying Photography. I'm an avid book reader & writer, spending most of my free time either reading, writing or taking artistic photographs. Visit my other blog http://dauntlesslydivergent.wordpress.com/

City of Bones

City of Bones - Cassandra Clare First off, I'd like to mention that this novel had been sitting in my TBR shelf for a few years now, around the time I started goodreads & reviewing books. I had always heard fantastic things about this novel and the series as it was being published, but what really pushed me to read it was the movie. I had actually began to read the prequel series, The Infernal Devices, before this one, The Mortal Instruments, but put Clockwork Angel down to read City of Bones simply because as I mentioned above, the movie had been recently released. The second thing I'd like to mention is that, if I had a time machine, I would go back to when these books first started getting published and SLAP MYSELF FOR NOT READING THEM at that time. This book was amazing, definitely one of my favorites and one I'd like to re-read in the future. Just as I did with the Harry Potter series, I've fallen in love with the world Cassandra Clare created and all it's aspects that make it unique to other series. The only downfall, for me, was the ending. Towards the last 100 pages or so, give or take, I found myself skimming the pages, wanted so desperately to finish the book. I did not like the way the book ended at all. Also, after finished this novel, I found myself disliking the main character, Clary, quite a bit and found her to be annoying to where I just didn't want to read the parts involving mainly her. But I've pushed through and am continuing on the series. 4 & 1/2 stars is my final rating simply because of Clary as well as the ending.