DauntlesslyDivergent

Jenn's Book Reviews

Hello lovelies! You can either call me Jenn or Jay, which ever you like. I'm a Canadian college student, currently studying Photography. I'm an avid book reader & writer, spending most of my free time either reading, writing or taking artistic photographs. Visit my other blog http://dauntlesslydivergent.wordpress.com/

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone  - J.K. Rowling I'd just like to mention that I had seen the movie many times before actually reading the book. I never planned on reading any of the Harry Potter books, because I was quite happy with the movies, but did so on my cousins request and how she thought, for me loving the movies, it'd be important to read the books to understand the characters more in-depth. It honestly took my quite a while to read this book, I actually started it in 2012 and kept putting it down because it was pretty much the exact same as the movie, which I had much rather watch then read. But I was determined to at least finish the first book in the series, so I forced myself to continue reading on. After about a quarter of the way through, once Harry is at hogwarts and the action begins, I really enjoyed this book and would read it every night before bed, to fill myself with the joys of this magical fantasy world. Other then the slow beginning, this was a fantastic book and introduction to the life and world of Harry Potter, which has now become one of my top favorite book series. 6 out of 5 stars, loved it!