DauntlesslyDivergent

Jenn's Book Reviews

Hello lovelies! You can either call me Jenn or Jay, which ever you like. I'm a Canadian college student, currently studying Photography. I'm an avid book reader & writer, spending most of my free time either reading, writing or taking artistic photographs. Visit my other blog http://dauntlesslydivergent.wordpress.com/

City of Ashes

City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare After finishing the first book in this series, City of Bones, I dived right into this one, City of Ashes. I must admit, the start was a slow read for me, simply because of my prejudice considering I did not like the ending of the first book and this one started very close to where the other ended. Once I got to around chapter 3, I started enjoying the series again, and it kept me interested. I love how in this book we see more of the downworlders, such as werewolves, vampires and fairies, rather then focusing only on shadowhunters. Half way through this book I found myself, once again, annoyed with Clary and her overall character. I found her to be worse and more agitating this time around, which once again caused me to skim certain parts of the book. The difference between this book and book one is that I actually enjoyed the cliffhanger ending, making me pick up the third book City of Glass, but as I mentioned disliked the start. My only reason for rating this book 3 & 1/2 stars out of 5, is because of the frustration and annoyance I feel when I read from Clary's POV or read about her in general.