DauntlesslyDivergent

Jenn's Book Reviews

Hello lovelies! You can either call me Jenn or Jay, which ever you like. I'm a Canadian college student, currently studying Photography. I'm an avid book reader & writer, spending most of my free time either reading, writing or taking artistic photographs. Visit my other blog http://dauntlesslydivergent.wordpress.com/

The Reptile Room

The Reptile Room  - Michael Kupperman, Lemony Snicket, Brett Helquist

Seeing as how everyone I know loves this series of children's books, I decided to give it a try. The first book, The Bad Beginning, was a quick, easy and fast paced read for me. I actually enjoyed it enough to dive straight into this one, the second book in the series. I honestly didn't finish this one. I tried and tried to get through the book but towards the end I just had enough and couldn't continue. From what I read of this book, which was approximately 1/2 to 1/3 of the book, I rated this 2/5 stars. I do enjoy the story line/plot of the series but certain aspects, such as the constant need to explain every single detail, bothered me to no end, resulting in my putting the book down, marking it as unfinished. I highly doubt I'll pick up this book/series again, it's simply to juvenile of writing for what I enjoy reading.